Posted by Maia on 8/22/2017
You're ready for your next travel adventure. You've chosen the location and the ideal time to get away. Now you just need to decide what to bring.
As a minimalist in the making, I'm always trying to stick to the essentials, especially when traveling. It's not easy, though. How do you know what to bring? Especially when exploring new places you've never been before.
Well, here's a handy guide to get you started.
Meet Kristin from Be My Travel Muse. She has expertly created an ultimate packing guide here to make your travel planning that much simpler.
- Clothing recommendations are conveniently organized by climate. Talk about taking out the guess work!
- Traveling somewhere that requires modesty? Cultural considerations are discussed.
- Essential, travel friendly natural remedies that can work miracles.
- Low maintenance hair care tips.
Posted by Maia on 8/21/2017
to Ingredient Knowledge
Crunchy, tasty and nutrient rich, carrots are a health food staple rich in beta-carotene, fiber, potassium and antioxidants. There's no doubt that carrots can help keep you young and healthy.
The same can be said for the seeds of carrots, particularly carrot seed essential oil, which is distilled from the tiny carrot seeds that eventually grow the orange beauties.
Carrot seed oil may not be the most popular or well known essential oil out there, but it's one of the best natural skin care remedies for mature skin types. So if you want to give your skin rituals an anti-aging boost, add carrot seed essential oil to the mix.
Carrot Seed Essential Oil Facts
- Botanical Name: Daucus carota
- Carrot seed oil is processed from the steam distillation from of dried carrot seeds.
- Scent notes are earthy, woodsy, herbaceous, warm and slightly sweet.
- Blends well with oils of geranium, cedarwood, bergamot, juniper and cinnamon
Posted by Maia on 8/16/2017
to Ingredient Knowledge
Shea butter is an amazing, versatile addition to your skin care routine, but did you know there are different kinds of shea butter? Do you know the difference between unrefined shea butter vs. refined shea butter?
I only use the unrefined shea butter and I recommend you do as well. Here’s why.
What’s the Difference?
It’s all in the processing.
All shea butter is extracted from the karite (shea) tree that grows naturally and sustainable in the savanna regions of Africa.
Refined shea butter is extracted with high heat and the help of synthetic chemical solvents. Solvents remove some naturally occurring properties and the end product is refined shea that bright white and odorless. Most mainstream shea butter products contain refined shea. It’s relatively heat stable and has a long shelf life.